The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Relaxing Weekend

When we found out Connor had a bye this past weekend we decided it would be a nice relaxing weekend.  We would take it easy, get things done around the house and spend time as a family.  We had a rough couple of weeks and thought hanging together would be great. 

We definitely had quality family time, but I am not sure if you would call our weekend relaxing....

Saturday morning we got to sleep in until 7 AM (the joy of kids) and then headed to breakfast at our favorite place - Dixie's!  I crave their veggie omlet it is delicious.  I did refrain from any picture taking while eating.  We then headed to Target to buy a birthday gift and groceries and then headed home to get ready for the day.

Stop #1 - Chuck E Cheese - I will have to agree with Jason - when you are a kid it is cool and fun, but as an adult going to a restaurant to eat pizza and play and then cheer when a giant rat walks into the room is a bit disturbing - but the kids love it. We celebrated our dear friends Brooks and Gentry's 3rd birthday.



A rare picture of me w/ our worship minister DJ (I may or may not have said something about Moses on the ark at some point during the day, think I better start  paying attention a little more in church)

Connor teaching Nate how to bonk sharks in the head

The Birthday Twins and their precious mama!

She just looks like she is about to do something
Stop #2 - We headed back to the house to meet Hillsboro Grammy.  Grammy had volunteered to come up and watch the kids while Jason and I headed to Stop #3

Stop #3 - RANGER PLAYOFFS BABY!!! We loaded up with our watching buddies for the season Chris and Lacie Wilson,, and Braylie, and Lacie's parents better known as Gigi and Papa Chuck. As we were pulling into the parking lot Braylie got sick and threw up all over her adorable Rangers jersey. Poor thing! She recovered nicely and even made it threw the entire game. We had some definite people watching going on as it appeared many people tailgated that morning, went to the ATM vs Arkansas, tailgated a little more and went to the game. Interesting... We had so much fun cheering on our home team. They played awesome and we won!!! LET'S GO RANGERS!!!




Our first game to see the new jumbo tron. Also saw my new favorite video - The Beltre Dance Video was great, I could have watched it over and over. 

Right as the game started everyone had their rally towels going, this was the best picture I could get and it does not do it justice of how cool it was.

View from our AMAZING seats!  Thank you  Chris' dad.


Derek Holland
 After the game, I checked my phone to see a text message telling us there was a train wreck right by our house and not to go home down Division street.  That wasn't a problem.  The problem is you can't tell me that kind of information and me not have to drive by and see it.  Luckily Jason needed gas, for our Sunday outing, and Gigi needed a coke. So me, Gigi, and Lacie did a drive by the best we could, but ended up not seeing much.  I was told by my husband if I got to close and got arrested he was not bailing me out of jail.  Good news - I did not get arrested.

Sunday Outing - On Sunday we ventured to Abilene to watch Jason's cousin Katherine's soccer game.  They did great and ACU won 4 to 1.  Lots of family ended up coming to the game so we had fun seeing Jason's grandparents, and other cousins, and of course Katherine, Lexi and the rest of the ACU soccer team.

Headed to Abilene in a full car - Connor, Collin, Addison and Hillsboro Grammy
Garrett, Collin, Cameron (aka Fred)

Ready to cheer on ACU

Get'em Kat!!!

Addison - get comfortable

Addison with Mama, who she has renamed Gamma (Jason is having a serious problem with this)

I think this is Kat, but it could be Lexi, either way it is one of the twin Barbies! But don't cross them.  Love these girls!

Hangin' with the boys

Hunter got back to school just time to hang with his lil' buddy. 


The Adams and Garner gang!
Lexi taking care of business! 
So maybe this wasn't the most relaxing weekend we have ever had, but we had so much fun and got to spend time as a family and make fun memories! Tomorrow Connor has football pictures and I can't wait to post about those our Coach arranged for something very special for these little guys.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

It was good to see yall! Cant believe how big Connor and Addison have gotten! Time is flying :)