I don't remember being like this with Connor but with Addison my filter is no existent. I am blaming hormones even though the scenerio I am about to share I believe I still would have said something.
Yesterday I am at our neighborhood grocery store. We have been shopping at Walmart but this store is so much closer and convient. This was one of the lighter grocery days so I didn't have to much. I finished getting what I needed and proceeded to check out. I loaded my groceries on to the moving belt and then handed my reward card to the check out clerk. She started ringing things up and I noticed that there was no helper to bag the groceries so I started bagging my own groceries. Are you seeing a trend here?
As pregnant Carey is bagging groceries a manager comes over to talk with the checker and then walks away, which absolutly blows my mind. I finish paying and when the checker asked if I needed help with my groceries I politely said no thank you. At that very moment the manager walked by again and that is was when I decided to say something.
Here's the deal and what I said to the manager. Coming to this particular store we pay a premium because they pride themselves on the services that they provide. The past three trips I have bagged at least one bag of groceries myself while observing managers standing there. I am not saying they are not doing there job, but I am a HUGE Proponent of lead by example and if managers see a customer bagging groceries step up and help. It sends a terrible message to the customers and the employees when managers won't step up. Whether the manager takes what I said and applies it is beyond me but I sure do feel better and feel like by speaking my mind I at least got my premium covered for that trip.
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment