Friday night we got the opportunity to spend some time with Mike and Karen Waters. Not only is Mike an amazing boss, but they have both become some of our closest friends. We enjoy talking to them and when we have troubles will talk to them about most anything. Karen and I were in one room talking while the boys, including Connor had made there way up to watch the Sugar Bowl. Connor comes down with the following question:
"What is Baba ganoush?"
Karen and I both looked at each other and looked at Connor. I said what are you talking about, go tell your dad and Mr. Mike they are funny. Well this went on like three more times so Karen and I finally went up there to ask the boys what they were teaching this poor kid.
They had been talking about the beer commercial on tv where the guy is talking about baba ganoush. Connor picked up the word and won't stop saying it. Jason even researched it and it is a kind of dip for pita bread that involves mashed eggplant - I am out on that!!!!
Now it has become a joke in our family. We have enjoyed calling both Grammy's with the conversation going something like this:
Connor: "Hi Grammy! Will you make me some baba ganoush?"
Grammy: "Some what?"
Connor: "Do you know how to make baba ganoush?"
Grammy: "Sweetie I don't understand what you are saying."
Connor (in his frustrated voice): "Baba Ganoush"
Grammy: "One more time!"
At this point Connor hands the phone to us in complete defeat. Of course we think it is hilarious and have enjoyed this all weekend.
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment