This Thanksgiving was different, I wish I could say good different, but it was not. We woke up Thursday morning got ready and headed to mom's house. We were not doing our normal Thanksgiving at the farm because Jackie was not suppose to be driving for that long. When we got to mom's we were greated with some not so great news....
There had been an emergency at the hospital and they had found Mamo not breathing. They stabilized her and careflighted her to Scott & White where she is in intensive care. It was not a hard to decision to make and pretty soon Jason, Connor, Addison, Casey and I were headed to Temple with Mom and Jackie not to far behind. Not how we intended to spend Thanksgiving, with meals from McDonalds and IHOP, but we are thankful they were open as most places were not.
Mamo is stable and she is responding pretty good. Time will tell where we go from here. Papo is struggling as anyone would guess. They have been married over 60 years and he just cannot imagine how to do anything without her. Mamo is probably hacked that we are making such a fuss over her, she HATES that, but we love her and will continue to fuss over her. It has been a long time since I have seen someone with a tube down their throat (hate that I have even seen that before) and it is hard. I will be honest I hate it. It is scary to see your favorite grandma who you love and admire hooked up to tubes, bags, machines and you are helpless.
Despite the yucky Thanksgiving it does not change how thankful I am for so many things. Here are some:
1. For my amazing family!
2. That Jackie is on the rode to recovery and him and mom are on the road to lifestyle changes
3. That we, in fact, got to spend Thanksgiving with all the family. (just not where we wanted)
4. Jason has been at his new job for 3 months or so and is absolutely loving what he is doing.
5. That my sister and Todd are going to have a BABY GIRL!!!
Please continue to keep my family in your prayers as we face this difficult time, and for Mamo that the Lord's will be done.
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment