November 1st is a very special day in our house. First, it is Jason's birthday! The best husband, daddy, friend and love of my life turned 33 yesterday. Who better to celebrate it with then the football team. Connor and Coach Jason had football practice last night so I took some cookies up to practice. It was so cute listening to the boys sing him happy birthday. I think Jason enjoyed it too. We were pretty low key yesterday because Jason and I are both getting over colds. We celebrated with Jason's parents last Saturday with dinner at a steakhouse, and are going to dinner this Saturday with my family.
The other reason November 1st is so special - 13 years ago Jason and I started dating. He was a sophmore at UTA and I was junior. I met him along with 3 of his friends in an information systems class. Jason was the very studious type in college. I am not exagerating when I say that he ready every page of every text book for every class. I did not as that would have cut into my social scene. After we started dating my GPA went up dramatically. When first asked about Jason my exact quote was "He is not really my type, he is to quiet." I could not have been more wrong!!! We started hanging out and talking and getting to know each and pretty soon I realized he was most definitely my type. Good thing, because had it not been for him doing my homework in that class, I would have failed foresure! For 13 years we have balanced each other, supported each other and loved each other. I do not remember life without Jason and I pray I will never have to. Jason is the absolute love of my life!
Happy Birthday Jason and I cannot wait to share many more November 1st with you.
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment