Connor had his last regular season football game this past Saturday. It was a good game. The teams went back and forth. We played the Mavericks for the second time. Connor played quarterback the first half. He did well running the plays and had a good run as well. The second half he played defense and while he didn't pull any flags he contained the players well.
We had a funny moment with Coach Jason, though I don't think he thought it was funny. The officiating has been a little problematic all year. We have high school referees and they do okay but from time to time have some blunders. Our coaches have been very good and very patient, but over the course of so many games that builds, even at the 1st grade level. The situation is funny to me, because I was helping coral some little ones, and wasn't completely paying attention when all of a sudden I hear my husband's voice significantly louder than everyone elses. He was mad! I also missed him throwing his hat on the ground. He felt bad and apologized to the parents afterwards, but I think what he said was what everyone else was thinking. Oh well, it could have been worse. It didn't bother me, like I said I thought it was funny.
The game ended in a tie 13-13, but we play this same team on Saturday at UTA stadium for the championship! So rather than a tie we will say to be continued.....
 |
| I think we might need to teach Connor to watch as he is handing off the ball, might make things easier. |
 |
| Yes, at 1st grade we have implemented the shot gun snap. We start early in Texas. |
 |
| More handoffs |
 |
| It was an intense game. I have no idea what happened, but I am loving the intensity of this picture. |
 |
| Play Hard! |
 |
| Connor on defense |
 |
| They all are really starting to look like football players. |
 |
| End of Connor's run. |
 |
| Mustangs vs. Mavericks - to be continued.... |
No comments:
Post a Comment