The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

Friday, November 11, 2011

Simply Suppers Week (courtsey of Shelley Hale)

In trying to decide what we were going to have for dinners this past week, I decided to go to one of my friend's food blogs - http://shelleysimplysupper.blogspot.com/.  Shelly has created a blog to post delicious and super easy dinners.  Here is what was our dinner menu

Sunday - Chicken Pot Pie (http://shelleysimplysupper.blogspot.com/2011/10/simple-chicken-pot-pie-1-bag-14-oz.html) - This was really good.  What was even more exciting was the kids ate it - BIG WIN!!! It was really easy to make and you can even keep it pretty healthy.  I know Shelley follows a gluten free diet and used the gluten free Bisquick. 

Monday - Cowboy Stew (http://shelleysimplysupper.blogspot.com/2011/10/cowboy-stew.html) I browned my hamburger meat the night before and then dumped everything in the pot before I left for work.  I made cornbread when I got home to go with it.  Absolutely delicious!!! My no potatoes boy (Connor) didn't even realize there was potatoes in it until half way through. 

Tuesday - I strayed a little bit and did one of my families favorites - Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.  Again super easy and of course from the crock pot.  4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, 1 package of dry ranch mix, and a bottle of your favorite wing sauce.  Cook all day and shred the chicken before you serve.  I have friends that make these into wraps, we do hamburger buns with ranch dressing as the spread with lettuce and tomatoe. 
Thursday - Crockpot Chicken Tacos (http://shelleysimplysupper.blogspot.com/2011/10/crockpot-chicken-tacos.html). Once again this were so easy and everyone loved them.  I heard not a single complaint!! YIPPIE!

If you can't tell the crockpot keeps us fed most weeks.  For a moms with busy schedules (I think that covers everyone) they are fabulous.  I know own and use two!  Not sure what we will eat next week.  I have joined pinterest and I think my most full board is of recipes so we might have a Pinterest inspired dinner menu.

No comments: