It was bound to happen at some point, and late yesterday afternoon it did....Our 1st trip to the ER for stitches. Who got them? Well Ms. Addison of course. Addison and I were having an afternoon of fun yesterday and I had just finished putting up the groceries and had turned on a Christmas movie for us to watch while I folded laundry and picked up the house. The boys were off doing Upward Basketball stuff at the church. Ms. Addison was flopping around in one of the living room chairs when she tumbled off and smacked her chin.
I knew when I picked her up and it was bleeding we were probably going to need to head to the emergency room, but to be sure I called a good friend and neighbor and she sent her well qualified husband over who confirmed yes Addison was probably going to need stitches. Addison barely cried after I got her into the kitchen and the wound really didn't bleed much, but when we said the word "stitches" both Darin and I got yelled at and tears flowed...
I called Jason and he came home and off we went to the ER. We love living so close to good friends as Stacie and Darin were more than happy to watch Connor. We opted for the Cooks Urgent Care Center in Hurst instead of downtown hoping it was faster and minus a little hiccup we felt it was. They were fabulous and took care of our little princess. Addison was a ROCK STAR!!!! She did not cry once at the ER - not even while they did the stitches. She was also polite and so super sweet. I got to cuddle with her almost the entire time.
For some reason I had taken all sorts of pictures of her from her outfit for church yesterday morning to the fact she insisted on wearing a tank top, shorts and boots around the house yesterday when it was getting so cold, so here are pictures of her through out the day.
 |
| Ready for Church!!! Looking Sassy! |
 |
| Showing off the new head band mommy bought. |
 |
| 5 minutes before the accident showing off her style! |
 |
| Headed to ER - OUCH!! |
 |
| I think she did 100 puzzles on Ipad! The ipad made everything better. |
 |
| We went thru triage and got the awesome numbing medicine. |
 |
| Addison was very excited - her and mommy had matching bracelets! |
 |
| Getting prepped for stitches. She watched Tangled upside down the entire time. |
 |
| The doctor doing his thing... |
 |
| There you go - 3 stitches for Ms. Addison. |
 |
| She asked for a milkshake for dinner (never mind it was 9 PM) she got whatever her little heart desired!! |
1 comment:
Poor Addison! Looks like she's doing good tho (judging by the milkshake pic!) we lived right near that Hurst urgent care place this year and it always made me feel so safe if anything ever happened to Addie!
Post a Comment