Christmas has come and gone in the Adams house. I am sitting here sipping on coffee while the kids watch cartoons on a very cold Saturday morning. The decorations have been put up and the house is just about back in order. It was a wonderful Christmas and I am so thankful to have spent it with my friends and family. Here are some highlights:
- The Big Secret - Back in November Casey and I decided it would be good for mom to do something different this year, especially on her and Aunt Becky's birthday. We conspired with Christi, Denny and Papa Jack and set up Operation Mom to NC. To see her face when she opened the present and realized she was headed to North Carolina was fabulous. It was even better when she realized she was leaving the day after Christmas, was going by herself and staying through her birthday and coming homing New Year's Eve. (UPDATE: She made it on the plane and to NC without any major issues. She is having a wonderful time and enjoying loving on my cousins and all the kids
- Addison opening presents - We spend Christmas Eve night with Jason's family at "The Big House" or Mama and Papa's in Hamilton. Jason's parents, grand parents, aunt and uncle, there three kids plus significant others and Mama Gary all are there opening presesents. We open presents one at a time youngest to oldest so everyone can see what each person gets. As soon as Addison would open a present she would look at Bev and ask "who's next?" Bev would tell her and Addison would quickly follow "and then...." She would do this the entire time until it was her turn again and then... the cycle would repeat. It was so funny... Our sweet baby girl....
- Connor's XBOX 360 - FOR MONTHS all Connor has wanted is an Xbox 360. That is all he has talked about. You ask him what he wants and without missing a beat he would say an XBOX 360 and NCAA football"08. When he woke up and saw Santa brought him the XBOX 360 he was giddy! He was a little confused when Santa also brought him NCAA Football '13 because it was not "08 and we had to explain that '13 was the newest version and much better than '08. Silly Connor.
- A White Christmas in Texas - It only happens when Jason's parents try to go to Australia to see Jaime at Christmas and so they may need to go every year. We had to change Christmas Day plans because we needed to get home earlier because it was snowing up in the metroplex. What a wonderful surprise to have a beautiful white Christmas.
Ok here is what you really want - PICTURES....
 |
| In honor of Aunt Becky and her love of Christmas we all were given a tacky Christmas sweater that was pulled from Aunt Becky's closest. (These were not even all of them) |
 |
| Grammy with Addison and baby Whitney (It was baby Whitney's 1st Christmas and I think she had lots of fun) |
 |
| Logan, Riley, Ashton, Hannah, Connor, Baby Whitney - how many people can fit in the recliner... |
 |
| The Princess with her new Princes |
 |
| Grammy had Connor read the Christmas Story and he did an amazing job - I cannot believe what a good reader he has become. Addison moved the characters as Connor read. |
 |
| Addison with her new rainboots (she wears constantly), umbrella (it might rain inside), and her new chair she adores |
 |
| OH MY GOODNESS!!! Connor got a marshmellow gun. Connor having a marshmellow gun does not frighten Jason as much as the fact that I now have access to a marshmellow gun does. I fully admit I had to test fire it first to make sure it worked. I can now rocket marshmellows across the living room. |
 |
| Santa comes in 2 parts - here is part one on Christmas Even morning - I guess my kids were good..... |
 |
| I tried to get a pictures of the kiddos sleeping Christmas Eve morning - the room was dark and I just stuck the camera in and snapped a picture - Thi is what I got.... |
 |
| Connor seeing his XBOX 360 |
Going to break the post up into 2 parts....
No comments:
Post a Comment