The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Women of Faith Weekend

I do not leave the kids much, but there is one weekend a year that I say goodbye to Jason and the kids and head to Dallas for some serious me and God time.  Okay maybe not that serious.  About 5 years ago my mom dragged me, kicking and complaining to Women of Faith.  It was the bribe of all bribes, free tickets in a suite and a night at the Adolphus.  What more could you ask?  To top it off my best friend went with us, well......

In the past 5 years I have not missed a Women of Faith, and now I like to drag people kicking and complaining, and then they drag people and well, you get the idea.  It is to the point where we no longer get the free suite, we pay for a suite (once you go suite you can't go any other way), I pay for my own hotel, and we now fill two suites for a total of 36 people.  Ladies, this is an event you just cannot miss! You laugh so hard you forget you were crying two minutes ago, and you are tearing up when you swear you just finished laughing.  Every year I go God speaks to me in different ways, through different speakers, just amazing. I walk out of there with a renewed passion and excited for what God has planned for me.

I do have my favorites, and completely admit from day 1 I said, when I grow up I pray I am like Patsy Clairmont. She is just to precious.  Love her.  The praise and worship, well when you have Sandi Patty, Mandisa, Amy Grant, Natalie Grant, Nicole Nordeman and so many more, on top of the praise team.  If you can't get your praise on, then it is definitely time for you to visit the prayer room.

Even more than all the fabulous speakers and music, it is the Friday night at the hotel with friends.  The conversations, giggling, late night, is so worth it. I am always exhausted when I get home Saturday afternoon. And for Karen and Shannon, "I don't want to watch Karl Rove."

I love my mom for keeping on me to go and then taking the time to organize, plan, setup hotels, make restaurant reseverations, tell us what to and not to eat, make us take picture at crazy times, making sure everyone pays, all so we can have as wonderful of an experience as she had the first time she went.  Mom the weekend would not exist without you.  LOVE YOU!!! I am already looking forward to next year, September 21 - 22, 2012 at the AAC.  We would love for you to join us!

Stephanie, Shannon and me Saturday Morning

Aunt Becky, Casey and I (yes, I always am cold)

Me, Casey, Mom, Stephanie

Stephanie and Karen

PICTURE GIRLS!!!! (Love you mom and wouldn't give you a hard time if I didn't)

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Dude....three updates this year! That's all I need, is one more blog to read. :)

Glad you had fun!