The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Potty Humor

For the past few weeks we have been working on potty training with Addison.  She wanted to start going in the potty the week before vacation - ya I vetoed that idea!! Visions of running to the bathroom every 10 minutes at Sea World sounded miserable, so we waited until the week after vacation.  When it is her idea she is a rock star.  She gets two M&M's everytime she goes "pee-pee" in the potty and when we go "poo-poo" in the potty we get a whole handful. 

We have been doing this for a couple of weeks now and we are down to no accidents so far this week, but hear are some sweet habits my daughter has picked up:

1.  We announce to one and all (NO MATTER WHERE WE ARE) when we go pee-pee or poo-poo.  Great at home, a little embarrassing out in public.

2.  If Addison catches anyone going potty then you also get M&M's.  Kind of cute at home, to strangers in public, again a little embarrassing.

3.  If she decides she wants M&M's she will go sit on the potty and then tell you she went pee-pee, and then throw a fit when you won't give her M&M's - the manipulation game at age 2, we are in trouble
.
4.  Having a big brother and going to his practices means we sometimes have to create our "own bathroom" in between car doors.  I must say she has done this several times and has been a trooper.  However, I am having visions of her hiking up her dress at the playground and going right in the middle of everyone at school, that has yet to happen, but I am waiting for the call.

5.  Addison will anounce to one and all "I tooted" when she toots, along with a big cheesey smile and laugh.  I am not a real big girly girl, and clearly neither is my daughter.

I decided no pictures for this topic, because no one wants to see...except Grandparents!   Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: