Sorry it has taken awhile, I have been feeling a little under the weather. Where were we....
Oh yes - Around noon on Christmas Eve we packed up and headed to Hamilton. Christmas in Hamilton was going to be special this year with Jaime, Steve and Callum here to celebrate from Australia. We were so glad they came and had lots of fun, more on that in another post. Once we got there we headed to the nursing home to visit Papa. He is doing rehabilitation, but in Hamilton the rehab center is the nursing home. We continue to pray that he will recover and be home soon.
Hamilton Christmas consists of Jason's Grandparents (Mama & Papa), Jason's Parents (Grammy & Pops), Jason's aunt and uncle and three kiddos (The Garners), Jason's sister, husband, and Callum, Mama Gary (Uncle Reggie's mom) and of course us. We were all at the nursing home to watch Papa open his presents and then headed back to the house for dinner and presents. Dinner is always shrimp, boiled I think, but I am not a fan so typically head for other options. Mama does not hold back and if she knows your favorite foood, or dessert or both you can bet you will see it on the table at same point.
Once dinner is over it is time to open presents. Present opening lasts about 2 hours or more. We go youngest to oldest one at a time so everyone can see what you get. My first time Christmas(13 years ago) I was not sure how I would like this, but I love being able to watch everyone open their gifts and their reactions. The kids get a little restless, but they did great and always waited patiently until it was their turn again.
 |
| Cousins having fun at the nursing home |
 |
| Boys chillin' in the recliner (I don't know what Callum thought of his crazy America Family) |
 |
| Crazy presents! |
 |
| Santa Hat Fun |
 |
| Uncle Steve - How do they say presents in England?? |
 |
| When we open presents we for some reason always sit in the same place Jaime and Garrett are the Fireplace pals |
 |
| All the presents handed out I think we are ready to go. |
 |
| My turn???? |
 |
| A Camera for Addison |
 |
| A basketball goal for Connor |
 |
| Mommy a longhorn!!! |
 |
| What we do without Garrett? Here he is sporting Addison's new hat |
It is almost Christmas morning...
No comments:
Post a Comment