It seems as though I haven't posted in awhile, almost 2 months to be exact. WOW - time flies......
We are all doing good - staying busy to put it mildly. This year Connor decided to play football and soccer. Our weeknights have been full of practices while Saturdays are spent going from one sporting event to another followed by birthday parties or other planned actvities. It sounds a bit crazy and it is but we welcome the crazy and forced structure of our schedule right now. Here is a brief update on everyone:
Connor - He has had a fabulous season in football. We have been amazed at how well he has done. He played quarterback quite a bit this season, along with defense, which has been a surprise to all of us. He is a master of understanding plays and how they should work. He may grow up to be a coach one day. I love listening to him talk to Jason about the plays the Longhorns are running and how they are like his plays. He also decided he wanted to try soccer this season. He has done really well and picked up on it fast. Jason and I have been a bit taken back at how well he has done. I have not gotten any pictures of him playing sports this season - I know BAD MOM.... We are getting ready to play Upward basketball again and we are very excited.
Addison - Unfortunately with everything that has happened I didn't get Addison signed up for anything this fall. That hasn't stopped her from going 90 to nothing.... She is Connor's biggest fan. She has learned cheers and does them constantly. She LOVES going to Connor's practices to hang out with her friends and play. She is a typical 3 year old girl with attitude. I am fully aware she is just like me and we are in SOOOO much trouble.
Jason and I are also doing good. Jason has once again loved coaching football and is excited to coach basketball again. I have enjoyed being team mom and watching all the boys play and chasing Addison around.
As for everything else (not sure what to call it) - we take things one day at a time. I have learned that I am not going to heal overnight and that is okay, but I have to keep moving and have to continue to find joy in the here and now. I am not looking forward to the coming months, but I am going to find the joy and continue to help make this time special for my family and especially for Connor and Addison. November 2 marked the 1 year anniversary of my Mamo breaking her hip....Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined all that has transpired. I am so glad God has held our hands this year. We have needed it!
I will post pictures soon, but thought I would share how we are doing...
8 years ago
1 comment:
Glad you posted-I've been thinking of y'all!
Post a Comment