8 years ago
Monday, September 3, 2012
Praising Him in this Storm
On Friday my Uncle went to be with my Aunt in heaven. I know they met at the gates and are celebrating with Jesus, but down here it is hard these days. Two dear family members in two weeks, almost to the hour is a lot to take in.
I have been able to cling to several truths that help - He will never leave me or foresake me, He will never give me more than I can handle, and God is good ALL THE TIME!!!
I was very close to my aunt and uncle. Let's face it when your mom is a twin your aunt is really just another mom or as Jason would say "I have two mother-in-laws." We celebrated everything together - from birthdays, to holidays, babies, weddings, even promotions and raises. I bought something for mom, I had to buy something for Aunt Becky.
Uncle Jim was always the quiet strength in the family. When things didn't go as planned he was the one that would keep everyone calm and under control. I think that came from all his years in the Air Force. Uncle Jim saw no point in getting cable - NONE!!! He let Aunt Becky have a new house, new pool even a new car, but no cable. He could have cared less about the tv - he read for entertainment. He is probably one of the smartest men I know.
Life changes in a blink of an eye sometimes and this time it hurts very deep. My family hasn't changed. I still have a Fabulous Aunt and Uncle and an Awesome Grandma it is just they are in heaven and so the landscape of my family on earth has changed. It is hard to think about celebrations and things to come because there will be 3 vacant chairs now. As we lay Uncle Jim to rest this week we will begin to find what our new normal looks like. I will be honest - right now I don't like this new normal, but it is what it is and I am going to have to figure out how to embrace it.
Please continue to remember my sweet family in your prayers - for mom as she has lost her twin sister and best friend, and brother-in-law, for my cousins as they have lost both parents in 2 weeks, for my sister and I as we have lost 2 people that were just as close as parents, and for the rest of the family. The outpouring of love and support our family has seen is more than any of us can comprehend and we say thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment