Connor had his second game of the season last night. Those weeknight games are going to take some getting use to. I am going to have to work on the plan a little better. Oh well that seems to be the theme for this season - a learning experience.
The Rays lost again, but they did SO MUCH BETTER!!! We fielded the ball really well and had some great put outs. Connor played short stop several innings and first base for an inning. Connor had an amazing catch the first inning while playing short stop. It was a short pop up that Connor barely got his glove on. It was his ESPN moment for the night. I actually thought the ball might have hit the ground, but the umpire called the out and I am not taking the catch away from Connor. He did great! First base was a little new as he hasn't played there much this season. He is use to playing up the middle and moving with the ball as soon as it is hit instead of going to cover the base. I am sure Dad and Connor will work on that.
We struggled a little at the plate and went 0 for 2. In less than 24 hours Connor developed a severe uppercut to his swing. He was pretty bummed but Jason and Connor have talked and are already planning to work on it over spring break.
I get so nervous during the games I actually forgot the camera in the car. I will have to work on this as well - LEARNING!! We don't play again until after Spring Break
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment