The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

Monday, May 5, 2008

The Banana

Okay you know your a first time mom when....

Wednesday evening it was just Connor and myself. I am trying very hard to work with Connor on eating when it is time to eat and not snacking, especially right before bed. So around 8:15 or so Connor asked if he could have a banana. I said no, we already ate dinner. He is said I want a banana, pleeasse. Again I said no, it is about time to go to bed. Then the fit began. For the next 20 minutes it was back and forth...
Connor - I want a banana
Mom - No
Connor crying - Yes I want a banana

So finally, after 30 minutes, what do I do, well I don't give him a banana because then he would have fun. I gave him a chips a hoy 100 calorie granola bar. Sigh. I know the banana would have been so much healthier, but at least I can say I won the battle. Unfortunately, I think Connor won the war.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Thats a good one! Dont ever give in even if it is for fruit!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I wish I could say it gets easier! Kirstyn still loves throwing those fits, and trying to get what she wants by crying, screaming, negotiating, whatever means necessary!

She is getting better, but now (unfortunately) just says, "I'll just ask MiMi[my mom]!"...

Grrrrrrrrr