Jason and I were a little hesitant to let Connor play at first, but I think he has had lots fun. Now, he by far is not the best one out there, that is Brandon. We told Brandon's mom when he is in the NFL to remember his friends from flag football! Connor is great at blocking, we seem to have mastered that skill. We have also mastered the skill of telling people when we don't have the ball so they should stop pulling our flags! Yes, Connor does not like to have his flag pulled, AT ALL!!! Cries! Tears! Not Good!! But, he will get back up and do it again, which is also another wonderful skill he seems to have learned. He has gotten tackled a few times, and someone might have reported a team to the commissioner for tackling her son. In my defense, the kid tackled him after his flag was already pulled.
We are not the most serious team by any means, but we have managed to stay competitive with 5 and 6 year olds. Our team has lots of 4 year olds on it so I think they have done awesome. We have wonderful coaches who care about the kids and keep things in perspective. They are 4 and 5 after all. Even I have managed to table some of my competitive nature. Except, last week the team we played had a dinky run through sign. WHAT????? We will play this team again in December and well, I am already bringing back my AHS cheerleader days to figure out what kind of sign I can make the boys and trust me, it will not be dinky. Jason is very excited to help by the way!!
Somehow I managed to get two good pictures of Connor running with the football. Please know that after both of these runs we had tears and now we focus on blocking.
No comments:
Post a Comment