The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

The Antics of Our Crazy Lives....

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So much going on...

I know I still need to update on the rest of the New York trip. We have a lot on our plate right now so bare with me, I promise to share the rest of the joyous trip. In the meantime, a lot has happened around our house since we have been back so I thought I would share.

First, we have moved Connor to a new school. We loved the old one and when we have more kids we will definitely go there, but we had been on a waiting list for over a year and on the last day of our New York trip I got the call we had been waiting for and so the next week at school we broke the news. For you Connor and Jessi fans fear not, her mother and I remain in contact and are planning a play date for them very soon. He loves his new school and seems to be enjoying it a lot. He has asked several times when is Jessi coming. (Sniff Sniff) The school is a lot smaller than his other, which was part of the reason we wanted to switch, along with the more Christian environment. I don't want Connor to be sheltered and he will experience the joys of public school, but this was just a better fit and closer to the house.

That is first and foremost the big thing going on. The second is the house work. NO, not cleaning, laundry that sort of thing, but we are going to get the inside of the house painted. Jason and I both agreed that it would just be better to pay an expert so I have been tackling that process. 6 estimates later and I have the painter I want. Now for color, well I have to wait for my color consultant to get back in town and tell me what to do. Yes, I said tell, because we could pick out the exact same color, but if I picked it out I would hate it, and if she picks out I will love it so like I said I will wait for her to tell me what to do. I am very excited and can't wait. We are painting the living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway, master bedroom and bathroom. I am hoping for new bedding, but I don't want to push my luck.

Other things going on, Jason decided to switch the cable to save money, which is awesome, but now we have twice as many channels and I still can't find my staples (Disney channel, Lifetime, Soap network, ABC Family). It kind of amuses me every night as I try to figure out what to watch. Connor and I are getting over being sick, and of course Jason is now our late runner as he seems to be coming down with something.

OH YES, I almost forgot the other big deal that has started since NEW YORK, SWIM LESSONS!! Oh praise the Lord, so far things are going a million times better than last year, no crying at all. HE LOVES IT! Connor volunteers to get in and do things and he goes under water and kicks and splashes and the best part, I do not have to get in this year. LOVE IT.

Okay, now I think I am wrapping things us. For those that are curious, work is going well, busy, but it is going. Jason's work is also very busy, but good. I started a Beth Moore Study Monday on Psalms at church and I think it will be good. Can't wait to see what God has instore for me. I am sure a lot, I need a little attitude check these days. Take care and I promise to finish all about New York ASAP!!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Glad Mr. Connor is liking swimming. My kids love the water!

Queen of My Castle said...

Thanks for telling me about your blog! What a precious family! Boys are a blast. What school did you move Connor to?