So if you think this post is about us going to the minor league game in Grand Prairie, sorry to disappoint.
Several weeks ago Connor tried out for a select team through the Airhog organization. He is playing a year up in an 8U division. One of the most wonderful things about the team is our coaches did not change. Darin, Jason, Kyle and now Brian are coaching the team. Many of Connor's friends are on the team as well.
We had our first tournament this weekend. I am not going to lie it has been an experience. We played two games today. Both were against an organization called TRUTH - this is Deon Sander's not for profit organization and he was even there coaching the second game, but we will get to that. The boys had some good and some bad. Unfortunately we came out of pool play 0 and 2, but the weekend has been a learning experience and all of them did great and should be very proud.
Connor did FABULOUS!!! I could not have been a more proud mom. He played short stop today and caught several fly balls had a nice throw to third on a relay from the outfield to get the runner out and did very well keep the ground balls in front of him. Jason and I were nervous because he got hit in the face from a ground ball that took a nasty hop on Thursday and started playing scared, but he did not look scared today. He did good hitting the ball and making contact. He didn't always get on base, but he ran heard and listened to the base coaches. Even better - NO CRYING!!!
So we played Deon's team. Let me say this - you know how you feel when you see someone driving aggressively and they go flying past you giving you the stare of death and/or a finger wave and you see the cute little Christian fish on their car. Yes that is how I felt about seeing Deon's team and then hearing him yell and argue with the umpires, players, etc. That is all I am saying on that - it was cool to see him in person, but that was about it.
Here is what you really want - PICTURES!!!!!
 |
| We had the cutest fans NO DOUBT!!! |
 |
| Connor and dad before 1st game |
 |
| Warming Up! |
 |
| Coach Darin giving the boys a pregame pep talk! |
 |
| You know you play select when your batting helmets now match! Next stop matching embroidered equipment bags! |
 |
| When Connor stands like this it is all I can do to not scream - BASEBALL READY!!!!!! |
 |
| Dalton at 3rd! |
 |
| Coach Darin |
 |
| Connor at Bat |
 |
| Yes I got a picture of Deon Sanders |
 |
| They are so proud of their matching shirts |
 |
| Connor calling for the ball - he made some really good plays |
 |
| I love this picture of Michael - he is rally ready! |
 |
| I don't know what Connor is doing with the ball, but Jason and I started laughing when we saw this. |
 |
| Oh the Princess of Chaos was in FULL EFFECT!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment